Thursday, December 9, 2021

Purple and Silver Birthday Card using DIY Stencils

As promised, I'm sharing with you a birthday card I made using once of the stencils I DIY'd using my Silhouette Cameo. 

The splotches on the stencil were the perfect highlight to my card.


I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Dusty Concord, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, and Shaded Lilac) to create my own background.  I'm not very good at blending, but I'm working on it.  You'll probably see more blended backgrounds on my next cards because I'm trying to get tons of practice, so thank you for your patience with me. :)

The white cardstock was die cut using Simon Says Stamp's Stitched Rectangles die.  I pounced Platinum Planet from Tsukineko's Brilliance ink through the stencil.  

I used Lawn Fawn's Happy, Happy, Happy stamp set and coordinating die to cut out the "Happy."  I cut it in four layers of cardstock to "pop" up the sentiment.  The words were heat embossed using Stampin' Up's Silver embossing powder.



Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. This is really cool - great take on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. super beautiful colors!! wow!! sooo gorgeous! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Samantha! It was my first time to join and I'm looking forward to joining more challenges in the future!

    ReplyDelete