Saturday, December 18, 2021

Cards from DIY Stencils

As promised, here are some cards I made using the DIY stencils I shared in my previous post.

First up is this stenciled green Christmas card:


I used a brush to apply Catherine Pooler's Grass Skirt on white cardstock die cut with Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles die using the leaf and berry stencil that I made.  I applied Red Stickles on the berries and gave it time to dry.  This was the hardest part -- you can tell patience is not my strongest point.  However, I've ruined many cards by smearing wet Stickles, so I definitely gave it my best.

While waiting, I stamped the "Joy and Peace" sentiment on white cardstock using Catherine Pooler's Rockin' Red, which I mounted on red cardstock.  The sentiment came from an old Hero Arts set called December.

Once the Stickles was dry, I popped up the sentiment on foam tape.


This is not the traditional Christmas colors (or leaves and berries, for that matter), but once the sentiment and red Stickles were on the card, it looked really cheery and festive. :)

My second card is another Christmas card:


I used the DIY stencil I made to emboss a snowy background for my snowman.  I pressed the Versamark ink pad through the stencil and embossed it with white embossing powder.

I stamped and colored by snowman using the Lawn Fawn Frosty Friends stamp set and cut it out using the coordinating die.  I cut out some snowy hillside using Lawn Fawn Sitched Hillside Borders out of white cardstock for my snowman to stand on.

I colored the images with Copic markers.

So what do you think?  Not too shabby for DIY stencils, right?

I hope you give making your own stencils a try and share with me what you've created in the comments below.

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment