Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Candy Cane Tags

My 9-year old wanted to give candy canes to all of his classmates for Christmas.  I am generally averse to all these sugar, but it's the holidays and I figured we can all use some candy canes this time of the year.

We got 2 boxes of candy canes from Michael's (Sour Patch flavored, of course).

Then, I got started with making these tags.  I cut out 23 tags using a Hero Arts Nesting Tags die out of kraft cardstock, and white stitched labels using a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles die.

I stamped a green (Catherine Pooler Grass Skirt) Christmas tree using an image from Stampin' Up's Scentsational Season.  I think this is a retired stamp set. :(

The "Season's Greetings" sentiment again came from "More Merry Messages," also from Stampin' Up.

The "To" and "From" were from an old Papertrey Ink stamp set (Boxes, Bags, and Tags), and they were the perfect size for my white stitched labels.

My son will write his classmates's names on the label, then we will use the sparkly red ribbon to tie the tags on the candy canes.

Thanks for looking, and I hope your day is as sweet as a candy cane!

No comments:

Post a Comment