Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Dinosaur Birthday Card

Hi, everyone!  I can't believe I finished this card, and just in time, too, for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  The challenge this week is "All Creatures Great and Small," featuring Paper Smooches products.

I was excited when I saw the challenge, because I just ordered some Paper Smooches stamps, and I needed an excuse to break them out of their packaging and use them!

Today's card is a birthday card:


I recently discovered watercoloring using distress inks, and I'm really loving this technique.  The dinosaur and the images are stamped on watercolor paper, which I've matted with black cardstock over the turqouise card base.


I cheated a little bit on the sentiment (it's not a Paper Smooches product, but I think it fit perfectly with my card).

I used these products for my card (with links to where you can get them, if you're interested):
Black and turqouise card stock (my stash)
Watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Cuteasaurus stamp set (Paper Smooches)
Chit Chat stamp set (Lawn Fawn) - I bought the coordinating dies with the stamp set
Salty Ocean, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Brushed Curduroy, Mowed Lawn Distress inks (Ranger) - I bought 10 of the 12 mini sets (so cute!), and I'm waiting for the other 2 to become available again
Versamark watermark stamp pad (Tsukineko)
Black embossing powder (Stampin' Up!)
Foam tape (Scotch)
Big Shot (Sizzix)

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment