Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Get Well Sooner!

When I was a student, the secretary of our program's director was very kind to me.  She let me bend her ear as I whined about my coursework, the countless exams and presentations that I had to prepare for, in addition to my regular coursework.  I talked to her about the stresses in my life as a lowly student, and she listened, offered advice and friendship, despite being busy with the demands of her own job.

I've climbed a few steps up the career ladder since then, and she still remains to be very kind to me.

I recently found out that she's been sick and is undergoing a barrage of tests in order for her doctors to arrive at a diagnosis.  I know she's a strong person, and she will rally through this, but I made her this card to let her know that she's in my thoughts, and that I wish for her to have a speedy recovery:


The three little flowers were die cut, and were adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals for a little lift.


I used the following products on this card:
Turquoise card stock base (Recollections)
Whisper white card stock mat (Stampin' Up!)
Designer paper (DCWV, Nana's Nursery Baby Boy)
Background stamp (Hero Arts Shadow Stamps)
Sentiment (Stampin' Up! Sweetly Said)
Bahama Blue ink (Memento)
Sea Breeze ink (Versamagic)
Stampin' Up! Sizzlit Floral Fusion
Turquoise rhinestones

I'm entering this to the Less is More challenge this week, 146 - to use a designer paper in a clean and simple way.

I'm looking forward to checking out the other entries here.

3 comments: