Monday, December 22, 2014

Organization: Punches

I guess I am in an organizing kick lately.  After sharing with you how I organized and stored my Cricut cartridges, handbooks, and overlays, I am now sharing with you how I organize my punches.

I own a variety of punches (old Stampin' Up! whale style and the new Stampin' Up! locking punches), and storing them in a way that still makes them really accessible has been the bane of my crafting existence.  I really wanted to use the Ikea Bygel rails that most crafters have been using to keep their punches, but my hubby is not very keen on the idea of me drilling holes on my craft room's wall.

After a lot of thought, I came up with this:


I purchased an Ikea table top and drilled holes on the underside of the table for the shorter Bygel rails.  Then I propped the whole table top against the wall, and -- voila! -- instant "wall" storage for my punch.  I was tempted to use the longer table top for this project, but I thought about how heavy it might get, and it may topple over.  

I keep my punch storage behind the door of my craft room, where it's out of the way, but still accessible when I need it.  I've also been very careful to lock the door to the craft room so r cannot get inside and get hurt if the punches fall over.

It's been working great so far, but if I outgrow this system, I just have to talk my husband into letting me drill holes on the wall.  And then I can use the table top as another desk in the craft room!

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment