Thursday, June 20, 2013

Owl Anniversary Card

This month, R and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary.  Can you believe we've been married for four years already?  Time definitely flew by.

For our anniversary, I made a simple window card for R.


I finally got to pull out my Stampin' Up! owl punch.  It's one of the first punches that caught my eye, when I was new to Stampin' Up.  I just think the owl is so darn cute.  And two owls are even cuter, so I made two. One for C, one for R (R's owl looked a bit googly-eyed, but that's the point :p).

I cut them out of Soft Suede card stock, and then their bellies in Marina Mist and Regal Rose card stocks.  The eyes are made of Basic Black card stock with googly eyes from my stash.  The Real Red heart was cut from the retired Heart to Heart punch.  The sentiment was from Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, on Whisper White card stock, and punched out with the Word Window punch (another one of my favorites).

I cut the "window" on both the Soft Suede card base and the Early Espresso mat using the 2-1/2 circle punch.  Then I ran the Early Espresso mat on the Big Shot, with the Woodgrain embossing folder -- and voila! -- instant tree bark!


The owls were laid on another Early Espresso mat on the inside of the card, with the sentiment, to make them stand out..


I really like my owls -- I think they're super cute!

Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

P. S.  Photos are again taken with my iPhone5.  I should get my camera back this weekend (hopefully). 

No comments:

Post a Comment