Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mini Envelope (for 3x3 Note Card) Tutorial

Today is a week of firsts, as it turns out.  It's my first-ever tutorial! :)

This is the mini-envelope that I used with my mini note cards. promised a tutorial on this many, many months ago, and I finally got around to doing one.  I'm sorry for the lateness, and I hope you like this tutorial.

1.  Cut a piece of cardstock 6-3/4 inches long by 4-1/4 inches wide.

2.  On the long side, score at 1-3/8 inches and 4-1/2 inches (I've marked with with purple ink on the photo).

3.  On the short side, score at 1/2 inch and at 3-3/4 inches, or 1/2 inch from each end (I've marked it in purple ink on the photo).

4.  Fold along the score lines using a bone folder.

5.  Cut along the tick marks up to the 1/2 inch fold (as shown in photo).  Cut off the corner pieces (as shown in photo).

6.  You should have something that looks like this.

7.  Round off all the corners (except the one in near the longer flap -- this won't show in the finished envelope) with a 3/16" corner rounder for a finished look.

8.  This is how it looks with the corners rounded.

9.  Apply adhesive along the two sides of the bottom flap.  Fold in the two side flaps.  Fold up the bottom flap (adhesive side down).  Here is your finished envelope.  This is a perfect size for a 3x3 mini note card.

I used these Stampin' Up products for my mini-envelope.
Whisper White card stock (100730)
Stampin' Trimmer (126889)
Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334)
Paper Snips (103579
Bone Folder (102300)
3/16" Corner punch (119871)
Snail adhesive (104332)

These products are available on my Stampin' Up store.

I hope you like this tutorial.  Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment